Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Best Laid Plans

I have the best of intentions when it comes to blogging this time round. I really do. But just as I got rolling we encountered “Hell Week” around here. Don’t get me wrong, most of what happened during that week was wonderful and exciting but it was a lot to jam into one week.

It all started with Mike’s birthday, quickly followed by his first day at his new job. Then Big D started Junior Kindergarten. Later that day my mom arrived from the West Coast for a visit. Thankfully Grandma was in town because the next day we needed a sitter so Mike and I could go out for dinner to celebrate our wedding anniversary. Then the day after, we had a bunch of friends over for a BBQ in honour of C-Rex’s first birthday.

Perhaps calling it “Hell Week” is too harsh but saying I was busy just doesn’t cut it.

The only negative thing that happened during this crazy week was coming to the bitter realization that we have to buy a new car. We started looking for a new vehicle when we were told that the repairs we needed on our Jeep were going to cost twice as much as it is worth. Sigh.

Just as things were about to calm down Big D brought home his first cold of the school season and promptly gave it to me. And being all fuzzy on cold medication really isn’t great for blog posts.

The fact that I’ve been able to write this much actually shocks me considering how I feel. But more is coming soon – promise.

No comments:

Post a Comment